Many people are interested in e-commerce because of its great promise for passive income, which has prompted the growth in popularity of e-commerce books among consumers. Before you attempt to market your own e-commerce book on your affiliate business website, you need to have an angle. Not all e-commerce books specifically address e-commerce, and your customers will be turned off if your promises do not meet their expectations.
Here are some tips for affiliate marketing of e-commerce books:
Upgrade Your Affiliate Knowledge and Skills
As an affiliate marketer, you have to equip yourself with the right knowledge and skills. If you want to promote e-commerce books, begin by preparing yourself with the latest affiliate courses or trainings. Many online tutorial platforms offer free guides, trial courses, and paid courses to help you upgrade your skills.
Some of the topics offered by affiliate e-commerce courses include:
- Shopify Related Courses: Basic information about e-commerce, search engine optimization (SEO) and dropshipping.
- HubSpot Academy: Provides a valuable resource hub for e-commerce entrepreneurs through web analytics products and social media marketing, covering essential topics like business writing and SEO training.
- Skillshare: A quick learning option for people on the go. If you are doing affiliate marketing via Amazon, WordPress, Facebook, Shopify, or Etsy, you will appreciate Skillshare’s platform-specific lessons.
Gain a Deeper Understanding of E-commerce Books
Aside from an impressive web design, you also need effective internal and external affiliate marketing strategies. You cannot randomly choose an e-commerce book based on positive reviews about it. It is essential to make a more in-depth review of the book for comparison. You don’t want to waste your time and effort promoting a product without fully understanding how it can help your audience, or you may lose valuable readers.
Here are some of the best e-commerce books on the market today:
- An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula: This book is ideal for launching an e-commerce business. The author, Jeff Walker, is an e-commerce industry veteran who provides helpful information on the tools and preparation steps for launching an e-commerce business. The book also provides an easy-to-follow roadmap to help e-commerce entrepreneurs get there in no time.
- Crushing It!: E-commerce goes hand in hand with social media marketing, and this e-commerce book can help you run your shop or online store using social media platforms. The author is Gary Vaynerchuk, who teaches personal branding using social media channels.
- The Startup Owner’s Manual: This e-commerce book is the best startup guide for e-commerce entrepreneurs. It contains helpful charts, with easy-to-follow checklists and infographics, emphasizing customer-centric strategies for a successful e-commerce business.
Use Redirect Links for Your E-commerce Book Affiliate Links
Redirect links are shorter descriptive links, while affiliate links are longer and not as appealing to readers. By using redirect links, search engines like Google can crawl your site, skipping over your affiliate links. Remember that too many sponsored or affiliate links can result in a penalty. However, when these links are redirected, your rankings remain unaffected. To promote your e-commerce book, redirect your affiliate links to ensure the best affiliate marketing benefits.
Following are the benefits of redirecting your affiliate links:
- Increase Click-Through Rates: Improve your credibility with redirect links by not having an overly lengthy URL, which often gives a negative impression.
- Avoid Ranking Penalties: Search engines like Google have complex algorithms, so there are a lot of factors to consider when placing affiliate links on your site, to avoid penalties. For example, manually adding “rel=nofollow” for every affiliate link can trigger a penalty from Google.
- Prevent Link Theft: Link swapping or link theft happens when your affiliate link is swapped or removed for another link before your customer’s purchase is finalized. Ill-intentioned people can substitute your link using a different account, causing you to lose your commission.
Write Informative Blogs and Articles About E-commerce
The best way to gain organic traffic and promote an e-commerce book is by writing informative and engaging blogs and articles. Provide helpful information or valuable sources of knowledge and skills to your target audience, to prompt a purchase.
Marketing an e-commerce book can be challenging, but if you know what to do and who your target audience is, you can create effective book marketing strategies. Achieve a successful e-commerce book affiliate marketing campaign by promoting the best books, using redirect links, and writing informative blogs.