Opporty is pleased to announce our first 2019 Scholarship Contest for individuals with disabilities.
What is the Opporty Scholarship?
Opporty’s Scholarship Program is our corporate social initiative to raise awareness about the challenges faced by disabled people in finding employment or starting a business.
We are offering scholarship awards in the amounts of $1000, $500 and $300 for the best essays that promote the ideas of:
- overcoming disability-related obstacles when finding employment;
- inspiring individuals with disabilities to start their own businesses;
- engaging people with disabilities to begin working remotely from home.
- Spreading awareness of the challenges that individuals with disabilities face while searching for employment and doing job interviews.
- Promoting existing and potential solutions to ensure accessible working environments in offices and business centers.
- Engaging individuals with disabilities to express in their essays their ideas, thoughts and personal experiences on starting a business or finding employment.
- Promoting the Opporty business marketplace as a platform that supports people with disabilities and encourages hiring disabled people among our registered users.
- Supporting our contest winners with monetary awards to further their education, and publishing the winning essays on our website.
How to Apply?
1. Write an inspiring and informative essay.
Your essay must be no less than 700 words and no more than 1500 words, and must cover one of the following topics:
- What would make finding employment easier? Best ideas on how to remove specific barriers to employment for disabled people.
- In what ways do employers benefit by hiring individuals with disabilities? Discuss both the sociocultural and economic sides of the question.
- Disability is not an excuse for giving up on your dreams. Cite real examples and useful tips on how to start your own business.
You must include the following data at the top of your essay:
- your full name,
- email address,
- mailing address,
- phone number,
- the college or university you attend or will attend,
- brief paragraph about yourself and your goals for the future.
2. Prepare the required documentation.
Applicants for the Opporty Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted to an accredited institution of higher learning (colleges, universities, etc.);
- Have an inborn or acquired disability.
Please provide documentation verifying the above-mentioned conditions:
- College Acceptance Letter – or – Current College ID;
- Most recent transcript (college or high school);
- Medical documentation of disability.
3. Send us an email.
The application process is entirely online.
Send your essay (MS Word or PDF), a link to your post and documentation (requested in the paragraph above) via email to [email protected].
Mention “Opporty Scholarship Contest” and your name in the subject line.
Please apply before the deadline: October 11, 2019
What are the participation terms and conditions?
Reward Amounts: $1000, $500, $300 (first, second and third place).
Deadline for applications: October 11, 2019.
Winners will be announced on November 1, 2019.
Have more questions?
If you have any questions regarding the participation terms, please contact us via email: [email protected].
We will be happy to provide you with additional details.
Let’s make a difference together
We encourage everyone to spread the word about this scholarship contest by sharing the link to this scholarship page on websites and in social media.
Please use the hashtags: #Opporty #Scholarship #OpportyScholarship2019